It's summertime and the all across the United States temperatures are rising. At Little Paws Pet Boutique we have products to help your dog stay cool, have fun and be fashionable at the same time. Check out our New line of Cool Pup Cooling Dog Toys and Cool Pup Mats, Cool Mesh Dog Harnesses and On the go Food and Water Bowls. http://www.littlepawspetboutique.com/category-s/1860.htm
- Provide shade: If you do take your pet outside for exercise, play or a walk, make sure he or she has plenty of access to cool water, shaded areas and rest. We love and recommend the Playa Pup Sun Protective Visors http://www.littlepawspetboutique.com/category-s/1837.htm
- Choose to walk your pet earlier or later in the day to avoid the heat.
- Risks for short nosed dog breeds: During hot weather, it is important to be cautious with short-nosed (brachycephalic) breeds, such as Pugs, Shitzu, Pekingese, Bulldogs and Boxers, which have shorter faces or noses. These breeds have a harder time panting out body heat so may be at higher risk.
- Consider pets (including cats and rabbits) with particular risks for heat stroke: Very old/very young, sick or debilitated pets, pets with heart or respiratory disease are a greater risk for heatstroke.
- Never leave your pets in a parked car: The temperature in a parked car can reach oven like temperatures in a few minutes even with the windows cracked open and may have fatal results.
- Watch out for your dogs paws: Pets can burn their pads on hot asphalt, rock or sand easily during very hot weather. Also, never leave a muzzle on a dog during hot weather as the pet may not be able to pant freely.We love and recommend the Pawz Dog Boots http://www.littlepawspetboutique.com/category-s/1837.htm
- Keep cool indoors: If your pets will be indoors on a hot day, make sure to give them access to water and a cool area. Keep an air conditioner or fan on.