Pet Emergency/Disaster Kit Checklist
Just this month we witnessed deadly flooding in Louisiana and major fires burning in California. Sadly, people and their pets were caught up in both the flooding and the fires and our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected by the horrible disasters.
I thought that this might be a good time to remind everyone (including myself) to make sure we all have a pet emergency/disaster kit in place. Do you have an emergency/disaster kit set up for your "Little Paws"? If not, here is a list of some items your kit should contain:
1. 2 weeks of food (food bowl/can opener)
2. 2 weeks of water (water bowl)
3. First aid kit for pets (including your pet(s) medications)
4. A copy of your pets medical records, ID, microchip #
5. Extra collar/leash/harness/muzzle
6. Recent photo of your pet in case you get separated
7. Litter and tray for cats/rabbits
8. Poop bags and wipes
9. Pet crate/carrier
10. Blanket/favorite toy/treats
11. Paper towel, newspaper and trash bags
12. Flashlight and radio
Hopefully, we won't have to use these kits but, it is reassuring to have one put together and ready to go. Please let me know in the comments below if there is anything you would add to the list. Stay safe everyone!